Journey to the top!

In the summer of 2009, I qualified as a FA Level 7 football referee. Over 200 games later, I'm now Level 6 with a serious ambition of going as far as possible! Follow my progress here!

Wednesday 1 September 2010

Summer Developments

Following the 2009-10 season where I felt I achieved everything I wanted to in terms of getting plenty of games under my belt (80+), gaining the experience I hoped I would and improving to a level I was happy with, I applied for promotion to Level 6 or above, which I will be undertaking during the course of 2010-11.

I also enjoyed being a part of the Youth League, helping wherever I could and so I applied to join the committee to help further improve the league in any way that I could. I had intended for this to be help with some IT integration, improving the documentation, the website and communication systems but at my first meeting I was offered the position of REferee Secretary.

At this stage I hadn't known what was involved with my promotion, I just figured I would be doing more games in the Youth League and so no extra time or effort would be required and so I accepted the position, knowing it was a tough one but feeling confident that I could succeed in it.

So this year, I will be working towards at least Level 6, undertaking games in the Central Midlands League, whilst continuing officiating in the Youth League and Notts Combination (Sundays) and also taking on the task of Referees Secretary for the Youth League.

No comments:

Post a Comment