Journey to the top!

In the summer of 2009, I qualified as a FA Level 7 football referee. Over 200 games later, I'm now Level 6 with a serious ambition of going as far as possible! Follow my progress here!

Sunday 6 December 2009

Two good games

Quite an easy day for me today as I started with an early morning local game for Welbeck Welfare U14 against Ravenshead Reds. This was the second time I had been in charge of Welbeck U14's, and knowing the manager there, it's always good to catch up. Ravenshead had lost their last game 19-0 so probably surprised a few people when they took an early lead! It didn't last long though as Welbeck ran out 5-1 winners.

The second game actually took place on the home ground of my own Sunday team, so was one of few grounds in the county I'll have no trouble finding! It was another good game, Rolls Royce Leisure against Woodhouse Colts at U16. There was a slight delay when I got there as both sides had turned up in yellow strips so the home manager had to shoot off for their away kit.

The game went from end to end but it still took right up to the last 10 minutes for the first goal to go in, with Rolls Royce scoring it. However, Woodhouse equalised 5 minutes later for a deserved 1-1. Not much to do myself other than issue 1 caution against a Woodhouse player for 2 late tackles.

No comments:

Post a Comment